Trek-In: Sustainable Cottage from the Dutch Design Week
On saterday Oktober 20th 2012 the Sustainable Cottage, Trek-in, was presented during the Dutch Design Week in Eindhoven. The Trek-in was on display the whole entire week on the Campus of the Technical University Eindhoven and is now in use at our Estate.
- 6 Beds.
- Bathroom with washing-stand and toilet.
- A fully equipped kitchenette (2 gaz jets) and refrigerator (Full inventory bellow.)
- Warm water and central heating, so very well suitable during the wintertime.
- Pillows are available, bedding and towels you have to bring yourself. (duvet or sleeping bag, pillow and mattress cover).
- Hand and tea towels you bring yourself.
- Terrace on the southeast with a beautiful view on the campsite and the surrounding nature.
- From the cottage you walk directly into the forest.
You´ll stay in a fully furnished cottage which consists of:
Sloopmaterialen Cradle-to-CradleThe builder of the Trek-In, 2Life-Art, uses products that parent company A. Demolition of Liempd wins from demolition projects. Fits well with the recycling of demolition materials in the sustainable thought of Trek-In. Thus, not only the wood from demolition projects, but also the insulation, bathroom and kitchen.
A tent as inspirationThe design of the cabin came from students at the TU / e, who won the Wood Challenge 2011. The design of the pull-in refers to a tent. The functions are placed on two sides of the central living space in niches.
More information can be found in a artikel from a Dutch newspaper.